APMHA HealthCare understands that navigating mental health pathways, software, education and resources can be confusing and difficult. Whether you are a private clinician or work within a grouped practice, it can be hard to keep track of critical recommendations and changes that may affect your clients or improve their psychological outcomes.
This is why APMHA HealthCare works collaboratively with all its members, partners, employees and contracted clinicians to develop:
- Templates, guidelines, resources, and recommendations to support staff working in current APMHA HealthCare contracted services.
- Support and software packages for mental health referrers to ensure PHN mental health pathways work seamlessly and affectively.
- Media releases relating to sector updates (e.g. Medicare changes, program developments and pilot opportunities, etc.) to ensure important updates are brought to your attention.
- Education/CPD to increase staff’s scope of practice and meet the needs of the community.
- Affordable and accessible Supervision services for clinicians needing clinical or peer supervision.
- Locum services through private or employed arrangements to ensure your clients are supported if you suddenly are unable to work.
Resources for Contracted Clinicians
The following documents are for APMHA HealthCare Contractors currently working in PHN Programs.
**Admin note: this is a hidden field - do not remove**
APMHA HealthCare - Clinical Governance
Consent and Privacy
Workplace health and Safety
Service Delivery Manuals & User Guides
Key Service Delivery Documents/Templates
Physical health and care for people with mental health conditions
Key Policy and Reform
National Mental Health Commission’s review of Contributing Lives, Thriving Communities – Review of Mental Health Programmes and Services (2014).
The Commonwealth Government response to Contributing Live, Thriving Communities – Review of Mental Health Programmes and Service (2015).
Other helpful websites
The Victorian Centre of Excellence in Eating Disorders (CEED) is the state-wide program for those with eating disorders and their families. CEED offers a range of training opportunities for professionals.
Black Dog Institute provides health professional education in mental health.
BeyondBlue provides research, tools and resources to health professionals.
Headspace provides free accredited online modules for working with young people.
Network MindOUT supports the professional development of the mental health to support inclusive and accessible services to LGBTI people and communities.
BlueKnot provides resources, CPD and more for clinicians working with complex trauma.
MindSpot Clinic provides online assessment and treatment for adults with anxiety and depression.
Children of Parent’s with a Mental Illness – resources and CPD for health professionals.
E-Mental Health in Practice (eMHPrac) provides a list of e-Mental Health services and activities for clients.
Head to Health find Australian mental health resources here.
Upcoming CPD training & events
Alongside our tailored education packages, APMHA HealthCare also offers professional and community education to:
- Reduce stigma and increase mental health understanding in the community
- Broaden local health professionals’ scope of practice and understanding of mental health
- Improve local access to specialised mental health support & treatment
You can find out what’s on offer for 2019 below or through our Facebook page.
APMHA HealthCare Ltd. has a group of accessible and experienced clinicians that can provide quality mental health supervision, including clinical supervision and mentoring. We recognise the importance of supervision for professional development and believe, with effective supervision, the process can be positively transformative for the supervisee, the client and, where relevant, the organisation.
We offer three options for clinical supervision:
Option one: Direct one to one supervision (phone, Skype or face to face)
Option two: Face to face, onsite group supervision
Option three: Collegial group supervision via webinar