PTS, SPS, PMH-CCC & Older Minds Programs
Western Victoria PHN
PTS, SPS, STEPMI & Older Minds Programs
Central & Eastern Sydney PHN
PSS, SPS & 65+ Reconnect Programs
Stepped Mental Health Care
Stepped Mental Health Care
The National Mental Health Commission’s Review of Mental Health Programmes and Services ‘Contributing Lives, Thriving Communities’, highlighted the existing complexity, inefficiency and fragmentation of the mental health care system. As a direct response to this review the Australian Government has reformed how primary mental health is delivered at a National level primarily focusing on the implementation of stepped mental health service delivery through funding provided by Primary Health Networks (PHNs).
This response is a system-level change in the Australian Government’s role in funding and reform, based on the following platforms:
- Person centred care funded on the basis of need;
- Thinking nationally, but acting locally – a regional approach to service planning and integration;
- Delivering services within a stepped care approach – better targeting services to meet needs;
- Effective early intervention across the lifespan and across the care continuum – shifting the balance to provide the right care when it is needed;
- Making optimal use of Australia’s world leading digital technology; and
- Strengthening national leadership – facilitating systemic change at all levels and promoting the partnerships needed to secure enduring reforms.
APMHA HealthCare‘s focus primarily evolves around primary mental health care within a Stepped Mental Health Care framework to reflect these changes and reform. We have developed a Service Delivery Framework to reflect Stepped Mental Health and this sets out the strategic direction of the Company, the funding it has been awarded and the partnerships it has forged.
Contributing Lives, Thriving Communities - Review of Mental Health Programmes and Services
The Commonwealth Government tasked the National Mental Health Commission with conducting a national review of mental health programmes and services. The focus of the review was on assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of programmes and services in supporting individuals experiencing mental ill-health and their families and other support people to lead a contributing life and to engage productively in the community.
Australian Government Response to Contributing Lives, Thriving Communities - Review of Mental Health Programmes and Services
The Australian Government response to the Review aims to transform Commonwealth mental health funding and leadership over the next three years to achieve a more efficient, integrated and sustainable mental health system and to improve mental health service delivery for Australians.