Consumers & Carers
Positive Workplace Program
APMHA HealthCare - A Year in Review!
With the year coming to a close we would like to take a moment to reflect on the work we have put out in the last 12 months. Here at APMHA HealthCare we have:
- Changed our Company status from a privately-run Company (Australian Primary Mental Health Alliance) to a Not For Profit organisation (APMHA HealthCare Ltd).
- Re-branded and updated our APMHA HealthCare Ltd website.
- Achieved our second year of Quality Accreditation with ISO-9001 and National Mental Health Standards.
- Opened two wellness hubs – called “Alaya House” (Shepparton and North Melbourne) offering clients a welcoming and safe environment to receive much needed counselling and support.
- Delivered over 21,830 sessions to approximately 3355 people across 9 PHN program streams in Victoria and NSW.
- Participated in the Bushfires of 2009 Community Support Committee and Project to support the 10-year commemorative services in January – March with our partners. Here we provided community support at 28 events and providing information to over 2000 people.
- Implemented a new contract management system (Folio) to streamline and automate our business systems and provider and funder contractual obligations.
- Renewed our funding contracts with WVPHN, CESPHN and Murray PHN.
- Awarded a new contract through United Synergies to deliver Standby Support After Suicide Program across the Murray PHN region.
- Submitted our NDIS registration to enable our workforce to provide services through the NDIS to registered clients in 2020.
- Delivered over 32 training events to 150 GPs and practice staff
- Delivered 16 Mental Health First Aid training sessions across to 320 people.
- Supported our 145 highly skilled mental health providers working across Australia.
- Delivered monthly supervision sessions to three groups of allied health providers.
- Supported 4 employed staff to commence work as private providers in their own businesses.
- Expanded our therapeutic services to now include Residential Aged Care Facilities through the Older Minds Pilot Program
- Selected as a trial site for the new PHN Intake, Assessment and Referral project to be rolled out in 2020
- Continued to expand our EAP services
- Consulted with various PHNs on new projects and service models / designs
- Gained new APMHA staff in our dynamic and dedicated intake and admin teams – Phoebe, Louise, Susan & Aminah, and our clinical teams: Jane, Kerry, Rose, Lyn and Glenn
- Said our farewells to amazing staff: Sharyn, Helen, Fran and Gillian
APMHA HealthCare Ltd. is a national network of primary mental health clinicians collaboratively working to enhance the depth and reach of mental health services across Australia. Our multi-disciplinary workforce has a broad range of specialities, providing a variety of referral options for general practice based on client needs.