Consumers & Carers
Positive Workplace Program
APMHA’s Board and Executive Staff have been closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation regarding COVID-19. As a result, we have begun enacting our business continuity plan due to the increased likelihood that our providers and our patients will be directly impacted by COVID-19. Our aim is to minimise infection / transmission of COVID-19 whilst ensuring the continuation of much needed mental health services. As a Company who has established their work systems to be virtual, we are confident that we will be able to continue to operate with minimal disruption, albeit – through different modalities.
Our contingency plan will take full effect at 9am Wednesday 18th March, will affects how referrals are to occur for people requiring counselling.
Current APMHA providers and GP Clinics have been sent direct correspondence regarding this, however the key thing to consider are:
- APMHA will restrict / confine the 1300 514 811 number purely for Bushfire Counselling calls only.
- GPs will not be required to phone APMHA to facilitate referral of a client. Instead, we will require the fully completed MHTP (including mental state, risk and consent) to be securely faxed / emailed directly to our intake and allocations team.
Please send referrals via Secure fax 03 9376 0317 or secure email to email@example.com
- GPs will be asked to provide each referred patient a copy of the APMHA Telehealth Counselling – FAQs and please outline to the patient that there is a high potential that face to face counselling may not be available under the current circumstances.
- GPs should be mindful that there is still an 8-10 week waiting period for patients (other than bushfire impacted / affected patients).
- For GPs requiring urgent consultations / secondary advise – please contact us via the number provided to you in earlier correspondence.
- Patients will be SMS’d by our intake team on receipt of the referral and informed of any waiting period and waiting support plan (as they do currently)
- APMHA is instigating a provisional referral pathway for patients impacted by COVID-19. For patients who are fearful to attend the GP practice, or are in self-isolation / quarantine, please see the provisional pathway provided to you in earlier correspondence.
Other Helpful links
- Victorian State Government Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 hub
- Victorian Government Health services and general practice – coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
New South Wales
APMHA HealthCare Ltd. is a national network of primary mental health clinicians collaboratively working to enhance the depth and reach of mental health services across Australia. Our multi-disciplinary workforce has a broad range of specialities, providing a variety of referral options for general practice based on client needs.