STANDBY Murray – Support After Suicide Program
Call the 24/7 referral line – 0439 173 310
STANDBY Support After Suicide is Australia’s largest dedicated suicide postvention program that supports individuals and communities who have been impacted or bereaved by suicide.
The StandBy Murray head office is located in Shepparton at Alaya House with crisis team members located throughout the region.
For further resources, please view the STANDBY Website.
For every death through suicide, there are many people significantly impacted, including immediate and extended family, close friends, colleagues, the general community and first responders. In response to this, STANDBY Support After Suicide offers:
- Direct Face-to-Face support to families / friends / communities impacted or bereaved by suicide. Support can be offered at any time someone needs it, no matter how much time has passed.
- Education to communities through our “What do I say / What do I do?” workshop and our Supporting Children and Young People workshop
- Stakeholder workshops – Pathways to Care
- In-service training to sites – First responder workshop (police / ambulance / funeral directors / SES etc)
- Other tailored training and community workshops as requested.
Areas of service
STANDBY Support After Suicide is available to all communities within the Murray PHN region. This includes all highlighted areas in the image below:
How do I refer?
Referral to Standby can be made by a first responder, clinician or people can self refer. To access the STANDBY Murray Program, please call the 24/7 referral line – 0439 173 310.